Monday, October 08, 2007

Oct Quick Update

I don't know where to start... I say that every time.


On one side there is nothing to share, on the other side so much.


There are moments in life where you clearly see that you are at or have passed a fork in the road and that is what I have done.


So many changes.


This is going to be a short update as I want to just tell you what I am up to but am not ready to share it all just yet.


I have moved from the ashram house to a flat. Two weeks of running around, getting this and that, waiting for delivery people, etc was hectic and I am glad its over. My new space is beautiful and completely what I needed. Space for myself was needed for me.


I am learning vedant and philosophy. Topics include different religious outlooks, meditations techniques and philosophers.


My tabla practice is improving. It's gone through lots of ups and downs.


I am going to the gym (getting my aerobic stamina back…) and taking yoga classes and have really improved on my eating habits.


My bookshelf is loaded with philosophy and music books – titles include Intro to Indian Classical Music and this INCREDIBLE book called the Mysticism of Music Sound and Word by Hazrat Inayat Khan. The book perfectly describes why I am studying Indian classical music.


Life is hectic on one side and calm on the other. I am still working with MS and ESI, finishing up the exhibition work for the van, while Parth (the new Indicorp fellow) has taken over other responsibilities.

I am doing a lot of things, time flies by (except sometimes when I sit to practice…), but the lessons keep coming and growth continues to happen.


At some point, I'll write about why music and philosophy. Why I am taking the time to focus on them for a while.


In short, I am doing well. Current plans include returning to the US at some point within the next year. There is no upcoming trip planned as of yet. Will keep you posted.

No comments: