Anyways, I found a recipe for pomegranate quick bread, didn't have all the ingredients, so I made some substitutions and came out with this - pineapple, apple, pomegranate coconut quick bread (aka fruit and coconut quickbread). It turned out great. A bit on the dense and moist side, but still delicious. I got to use my loaf pan for the first time =) The best part, it's def much healthy than the majority of the stuff I bake.
- 2 cups sifted wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 pomegranate arils
- 1/2 of cup unsweetened applesauce (I used freshly blended apples) + olive oil (I filled 3/4 of the 1/2 cup with applesauce then the rest with olive oil and ended up adding a little bit more applesauce and oil while mixing)
1. Preheat oven to 180*C. Grease loaf pan - I sprayed mine using my new PAM baking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl; blend well.
3. Pour batter into loaf pan.
4. Bake for 45 minutes until top is firm and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. I baked mine for 53 min.
5. Allow loaf to cool before serving.Great as a snack or for breakfast!